Have you ever drank or eaten something that just makes you think “this is summer”? For me, strawberry limeade has been that summer treat this whole season. It’s sweet and sour, has great flavor and is pretty easy to make!
- 1 cup lime juice
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water (more water later on)
- 2 cups frozen strawberries
- Make a simple syrup with the water and sugar. Place both in a pot and put on the stove over medium heat and stir. The sugar will dissolve into the water. Once all the sugar dissolves turn off the heat. ( I usually just let it do it’s thing while I move on to the next step)
- Juice enough limes to get 1 cup of lime juice. I typically use about 10 but it just depends on how juicy your limes are.
- Now, put the frozen strawberries in a blender as well as the syrup you made while it is still warm and blend to get a smooth consistency.
- In a pitcher pour the lime juice, and strawberry blend and mix.
- Add water to get it to the diluted flavor you enjoy. For me, I fill my pitcher to the top and its perfection.
- Now enjoy!
*Here’s a little picture guidance in case you need it*
It’s pretty simple to make, taste delicious and is super refreshing. I love to drink it out of these little pineapple mason jars that I got at Walmart. Makes me feel like I’m on a tropical getaway near a beach even if I’m actually in the burning hot desert. It gives that little aesthetic you need to make it more satisfying. Let me know if you try it and what you think about it! If you have any other refreshing drinks or treats, let me know!