Well, it sure has been a while since I’ve posted something outside of a monthly update on Emiliana. I took an unintentional break but I’M BACK and what better way to make a return to the blog than to give an update on what started this whole thing, my 30 before 30 list!
2 years ago, back when I was 25, I started Field of Emeralds as a journal to document the adventure of my 30 before 30. I recently celebrated my 27th birthday, it was a great day filled with love and laughter.
Every birthday that I celebrate is special and this year was no different. Despite the state of the world right now my birthday was made special by all the amazing people in my life. My wonderful parents in law serenaded me with a happy birthday call first thing in the morning. I got to spend the morning relaxing and playing with Emiliana. The house was decorated beautifully, covered in balloons and streamers. I was surrounded by family and it was just a wonderful day. Dylan, of course, spoiled me like he does every year, and it was so amazing to have Emiliana, she made the day that much more special.
Now for that 30 before 30 update
- Take Dylan (maybe a baby) to Disney world
- Go on a long cruise to somewhere new
- Visit Hawaii
- Go to New York during Christmas/New Year time
- Have a baby
- Go to Europe, especially Switzerland
- Ride a hot air balloon
- Swim with dolphins
- Go whale watching in Alaska
- Read at least 30 books
- See the Northern Lights
- See the Mona Lisa at the Louvre
- Buy a house
- Lose 50 pounds & keep it off
- Start & keep a blog
- Buy a car
- Try scuba diving
- Start my own business (baking/sewing)
- Complete a 365 project
- New Orleans during Mardi Gras
- Go to a tulip festival and have a photo session
- Hold our own Christmas, the family is invited of course
- Host and cook a full Thanksgiving meal
- Build the perfect wardrobe (my own style, that is both comfortable and stylish)
- Try to go grow a garden and keep it alive long enough that it gives fruit.
- Have a full spa day
- Participate in a spartan or similar race
- Get good at yoga so I can do the crazy poses that are always on Instagram
- Learn a new language fluently
- Get my dream dog and name it Chewbacca
So far officially completed I only have 2 but quite a few are in the works, while a couple got postponed for now until the world stabilizes a little bit more. Once again, there is still so much left to do on my list and now there are only 3 years left! As they happen I’ll share the experiences here on the blog, and then next year on my birthday hopefully I have done, experienced, and accomplished so much more! I just want to say thank you to everyone who has followed along thus far, you are amazing!