During this past couple of months, I have discovered some products that I feel made my pregnancy easier and just helped overall. My biggest issue with pregnancy is dry skin. I was getting these huge dry patches everywhere and my skin was so dry that I was itchy which lead to scratching and then bleeding so really, a lot of my products are things that helped bring some much-needed relief to my skin since it was my biggest concern throughout the whole pregnancy.
- Neutrogena Hydro Gel Lotion: I am not a fan of many lotions since they make me feel sticky, I found this lotion and I am in love! It is so hydrating and nourishing without giving me a sticky feeling. My skin feels amazing and I’m not worried about cracking or patches. This was my day time lotion.
- Lush Charity Pot: This was recommended to me because I was concerned about dry skin and stretch marks. I started using it early on in pregnancy and honestly it is so soothing and it helped with reducing the appearance of my stretch marks. It is very thick so I put it on at night so that I can avoid feeling too sticky.
- Lush Massage Bar: Another great discovery from Lush, this one is more like a solid oil bar and I used it on my belly. It came highly recommended to help prevent stretch marks. I also started using this one very early in pregnancy and I have seen little to no marks appearing. Another “put on at night” product for me, just my own personal preference.
- Aveeno Skin Relief Body Wash: I found this a little later, during our baby-moon actually, and it was life-changing. When I get out of the shower, I don’t automatically feel like I need to cover myself in lotion. This body wash truly is such a relief. Crazy to think that I only got it because my regular body wash was sold out.
- Compression Socks: These came in handy when my ankles were getting swollen all the time. I mainly used them for travel, like when we flew to Texas or drove to California. Although they have been super nice to have when my feet feel super tired and nothing is helping the swelling.
There are so many products out there for pregnant women and obviously what works for one doesn’t mean it will work for all. These are just some of the products that made a difference for me when it came to dealing with some of the annoyances of pregnancy. What products helped you to make pregnancy more comfortable? I would love to know, leave them in the comments below!