One of my greatest joys in life is chips and salsa! Whether it’s at a restaurant, or a just sitting on my couch binge watching Netflix. I used to go through a party-sized bag of chips and half of a bottle of Costco sized salsa in one sitting. This got to be expensive and not very healthy, oh the joys of being young.
Nowadays I have a tad bit more of self-control and love to be in the kitchen a lot more. As a result, I have moved from buying my salsa to making my salsa. Today I am sharing my salsa recipe, it’s pretty simple and delicious if I do say so myself.
- 6 tomatoes
- ½ onion
- 1 jalapeno
- Spoonful of minced garlic
- Lime juice
- Salt (to your taste, I use one spoonful)
- Handful of cilantro
- Roughly chop up the tomatoes and onion
- Clean seeds out of jalapeno and cut into 4 or 5 pieces
- Place everything in the blender except cilantro. I like to add the onion first, then minced garlic, the jalapeno, and the tomato last which helps keep it chunky since the tomatoes spend less time near the blades, and finally the juice from your lime!
- Blend all of these together, I like mine chunky so blend it to your liking.
- Lastly, add cilantro after it is blended, but make sure to pulse until blended in but don’t ever blend or it loses its chunky consistency if you like it that way.
If everything went well, it should turn out like this:
I made a video of it to show the process to help you all out, give it a like and subscribe on YouTube HERE! Hope you enjoy!
One thought on “Chips & Salsa”
Awesome….. thanks for sharing