One of our family goals this year is to be more active not so much in the physical aspect but in getting out, doing things and adventuring where we live. We were doing really good when we first moved here going out and finding new places, but we settled in and the sense of adventure in a new city kind of faded away. The same thing happened when we lived in Las Vegas, we were so excited about it the first couple months and then we settled in and went to the same places, never really doing anything new. So 1 of our goals this year is to be my adventurous and get out and do things in our city.
We are fortunate enough to live in between two major cities with many smaller cities that are filled with things to do! Both Dallas and Fort Worth offer so many free or inexpensive and family friendly activities. I compiled a list of upcoming events that are happening in the DFW area that could potentially be so much fun!
Events that are happening in February:
- Feb 1
- Frost Fest at Cimarron Park in Irving from 10am to 1pm (Free)
- Opening celebration of “My|gration” at the Dallas Museum of Art from 11am to 5pm (Free)
- Pop Culture Art Convention at the Dallas Marriott Downtown from 12pm to 6pm (Free)
- Feb 15
- Baby Day at the Dallas Museum of Art from 9am to 1pm (Free)
- Deep Ellum Outdoor Market from 12pm to 6pm (Free)
- Feb 16
- Opening day of “Flores Mexicanas: Women in Modern Mexican Art” at the Dallas Museum of Arts from 11am to 5pm (Free)
- Feb 29
- Butterflies in the Garden at the Fort Worth Botanical Garden from 10am to 4pm (Adults $18 Children $8) This event happens daily until April 12th, so there will be plenty of opportunity to visit.
- Dallas Blooms Spring Festival at the Dallas Arboretum from 9am to 5pm (Adult $17 Children $12) This event happens daily until April 12th, so there will be plenty of opportunity to visit but there is a special event for the first day.
These are some of the events that are happening that would be fun for a family or couple. I’m thinking this might be a fun thing to do here on the blog on a monthly basis, share all the fun things happening in the community that are free or close to inexpensive. Let me know what you think or if there are any events or free things to do this month that are worth checking out!