A quarter of a life (well, if I live to be 100). A small milestone, but a milestone none the less. In that time I have learned so much through my own experiences and those of others. It’s been fun, difficult, happy, and sometimes downright depressing along with a million other emotions. But it’s life, and I plan to live it one day at a time!
- NO ONE can make ME do or be anything, I choose to be what I am. Also, I am ONLY in charge of myself, I can’t make others do anything either.
- Change is the only constant thing in life, so stop fighting it.
- It’s okay if things don’t go according to “the plan”, no one’s life looks the same and there’s no point in comparing.
- It’s really easy to live up to your means, just because at the current moment things are looking up in the financial department, don’t get carried away.
- Not everyone is going to like you, and that’s okay.
- The past is in the past, leave it there. Take the lessons from it but don’t dwell.
- An apology is not “I’m sorry, but…”
- Family is the most important thing in the world. But remember, family doesn’t always have to have the same DNA as you.
- Failure isn’t the worst thing in the world, it’s when you quit that you never really recover.
- “If you don’t know where you want to go, then it doesn’t matter which path you take” -Cheshire Cat
- We only get one body, take care of it. If you don’t, it won’t take care of you.
- When you say “Hello, how are you?”. Listen, don’t just walk away. If you’re not interested in how they are, then don’t ask. You can just say hello.
- It’s okay to have a bad day, but let it be just that. ONE bad day.
- Green grass and fresh air is the best cure.
- Not every fight is worth fighting
- There is always time to smell the roses!
- The timing is never going to be right, if you want it, then do it. Waiting for the perfect moment is impossible since it doesn’t truly exist.
- Sometimes childhood friendships are meant to be left in your childhood. We outgrow people and move on. That doesn’t mean they weren’t important.
- Put your phone down.
- It’s okay to ask for help. You are not alone and there are people out there who want to help you.
- BE FEARLESS!
- “If it’s both terrifying and amazing then you should definitely pursue it” -Erada
- The future isn’t scary.
- If you stay true to yourself, you will be happy. There is no joy in changing for people.
- If you do something major in your life and it doesn’t change you then you did it wrong.
I’ve learned all these lessons over the years, but honestly, I’m still learning how to apply them to my everyday life. Whether it is waiting for the perfect moment to do something, being fearless, or sometimes just realizing I don’t have to be upset and fight with my husband if he doesn’t put his shoes where I want them to go (I’m not a Monica, I swear). I’m not perfect, but I’m doing my best every day to become better. What are some of the lessons you’ve learned throughout your life and how did you get yourself to apply them? Let me know because we are all trying to grow!
2 thoughts on “25 Lessons I’ve Learned in my 25 Years”
Lori Laborde…. Thats allot to learn in an entire lifetime. Love You
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thanks for sharing Esmi. You’ve got me thinking of my life lessons now! Oh and Happy Birthday 🙂
LikeLiked by 1 person